Pesquisar este blog

quinta-feira, 19 de junho de 2014

Soup goody goodness week

It is Thursday and a holiday and it is pouring outside. It isn't what you might call "cold weather" but it surely is fresh for this side of the planet. This week I challenged myself to prepare a soup per day. I'm amazed with what I managed to fix together. These are my favourite:

Lentil soup: click here for best recipe



Minestrone: click here for best recipe



Chicken, potato and spinach soup: click here for best recipe



And a twist on the usual pumpkin soup: add a lil' curry; click here for best recipe.



And since I live in Rio and black beans are never amiss, black bean soup: click here for best recipe.



They're practically all the same method but they're all unique in taste.

I like chunks when it's a bean soup, but I always give it a quick whizz with the immersion blender. All other soups I totally purée and they come out smooth and velvety.

An important accompaniment to any soup are: crunchy croutons. This is the best recipe I've tried until now: click here.



Hope you enjoyed my picks. Have a fuzzy snuzzly soupy droopy week!

PS: When preparing the broth I always recommend a good broth. If you don't make it yourself, use Knorr it's by far the best quality of broth cubes - may I say, around the globe!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário